Each week, I’ll be ranking the remaining castaways from Survivor: Ghost Island by their best overall chance to win the game. Here’s how things look heading into Week 9 (the 10th episode of the season).
Libby went home last week, eliminating another Original Malolo member. There are now just four Original Malolos remaining — Michael, Laurel, Donathan and Jenna, and they’re outnumbered by the seven Original Naviti who are still left.
But the lines are starting to get a bit blurrier, so we’ll see how things shake out this week. To help you keep track, I’ve added a (O-Nav) or (O-Mal) by the names below. These are ranked by best chance of winning the whole game.
Note: If you are confused on which player is which, click on their name to see a photo of them.
Survivor Power Rankings: Week 9
1. Wendell (Last week: 1) — (O-Nav) He’s still playing the best game, although his ally Laurel seemed to be seriously considering a potential coup last week. Will revealing too much information to Laurel come back to bite him? After all, she told the camera, “I can only trust him to a certain point.”
2. Domenick (Last week: 2) — (O-Nav) He’s being portrayed as Wendell’s right-hand man, but I think he might be running the show. It was a smart move to lay low last week after seeming like a threat at tribal, though. If someone is going to break up the Wendell/Dom power duo, they might go after Wendell first.
3. Laurel (Last week: 4) — (O-Mal) Despite being Original Malolo, Laurel seems to have gotten herself into a final four agreement with the top two players from Naviti (Wendell and Dom) and a non-threat from Malolo (Donathan). If all of them stay true to their word, she could make a deep run and then assemble the numbers to make a power move in the final weeks to build her resume.
4. Kellyn (Last week: 3) — (O-Nav) She correctly identified Libby and Michael as a power couple that needed to be broken up, which she helped do successfully last week. Her best bet is sticking with Chelsea and Desiree to stay strong, then eventually get rid of Wendell or Dom.
5. Angela (Last week: 11) — (O-Nav) Wow! Her performance in the eating challenge last week was impressive, but not as impressive as her blatantly stirring the pot and spreading rumors about what others players are planning. If she keeps that up, she could make more of an impact than originally expected.
6. Donathan (Last week: 5) — (O-Mal) He really has a shot to make a deep run in this game. He might even get carried to the final three. It’s possible he could win under the right circumstances, namely if the other players anger the jury.
7. Chelsea (Last week: 6) — (O-Nav) It’s really hard to make any judgments about her game from week to week. One week, she’ll be in the mix. The next, she’ll be totally off the radar. It’s hard to picture her winning the whole thing, but she’s not in danger of going home soon.
8. Desiree (Last week: 9) — (O-Nav) She’s sort of floating along in the same group as Chelsea. It seems they go where Kellyn goes, but I don’t know how far that will take her.
9. Sebastian (Last week: 7) — (O-Nav) It’s approaching the time where being a strong male competitor makes people a target. And with Chris gone, who is the “meat shield” to keep Se-Bas from getting the boot?
10. Jenna (Last week: 10) — (O-Mal) She’s going to be an easy vote in the next couple episodes. Even if she survives that, she’s not playing a winning game.
11. Michael (Last week: 8) — (O-Mal) He lost another ally last week in Libby. He doesn’t have the numbers. And he’s already been identified as a threat. If he somehow makes it another few weeks, I’ll be surprised.
Week 1: Gonzalez (ranked No. 8 of 20 castaways) and Jacob (ranked No. 4 of 20).
Week 2: Morgan (ranked No. 14 of 18)
Week 3: Brendan (ranked No. 2 of 17)
Week 4: Stephanie (ranked No. 1 of 16)
Week 5: James (ranked No. 10 of 15)
Week 6: Bradley (ranked No. 6 of 14)
Week 7: Chris (ranked No. 4 of 13)
Week 8: Libby (ranked No. 12 of 12)