This is part of a series of 12 Questions-style profiles of NASCAR fans. All of the people featured here are $25 or higher patrons on my Patreon page, which comes with this profile as a reward.
Name: Steven Lindon
Location: Saint Clair Shores, Mich.
Twitter name: @sclindon
1. How long have you been a NASCAR fan?
2. How many races have you attended?
I’ve attended 15 Cup races, six or seven Xfinity races and six or seven Truck races.
3. Who is your No. 1 favorite driver?
Jeff Gordon, although I’ve adopted Chase Elliott as my new favorite.
4. What made you a fan of his?
My brother was a big fan of Gordon’s and he took me to my first race in 2005. I like who (Gordon) is as a person and he was a great driver.
5. Who is your most disliked driver?
6. Why don’t you like him?
He’s arrogant and cocky and a dirty driver.
7. What is your favorite track?
Good question. I’ve only actually been to two in person. Michigan is my home track, but sometimes those races get boring. I really enjoy Martinsville and hope to see a race there someday.
8. What is one thing you would change if you were in charge of NASCAR?
I’d make the races a little shorter. They should be three hours or less.
9. What is one thing you would keep the same if you were in charge of NASCAR?
The fan access. No sport gives you the fan access that NASCAR does.
10. How often do you yell at the TV during a race?
It depends where my driver is running. At least two or three times, but if the 24 is in the mix, it can go up exponentially.
11. Do you have any advice for other fans?
I would recommend going early enough to go to a tweetup. It’s very cool to meet other Twitter users who love NASCAR.
12. What else do you want the NASCAR world to know about you?
I’m married, we have a 14-year-old and I’m left-handed — just like Dale Jr.