This is the latest in a series of fan profiles, which can be selected as a reward on my Patreon page.
Name: Brody Iverson
Location: Rockford, Ill.
Twitter name: @epicfail2929
1. How long have you been a NASCAR fan?
I was a casual fan forever. As a kid, I can remember clear as day watching Elliott Sadler’s flip in 2003 at Talladega. In 2013, I decided to dedicate my time to watch every race, every weekend.
2. How many races have you attended?
I have attended none of them. I’m hoping to change that in 2018.
3. Who is your No. 1 favorite driver?
4. What made you a fan of his?
I became a Kevin Harvick fan after he won the Daytona 500 in 2007.
5. Who is your most disliked driver?
6. Why don’t you like him?
He isn’t a bad driver and I respect him as a driver, but outside of that, he’s just a huge baby. He complains when he doesn’t win an Xfinity race, for God’s sake! Like, grow up.
7. What is your favorite track?
8. What is one thing you would change if you were in charge of NASCAR?
I would get rid of the front splitter. It would look a lot closer to the actual cars if they just took away the front splitter, side skirt and rear spoiler, just so it looks more like the common car. Then people can relate to that car.
9. What is one thing you would keep the same if you were in charge of NASCAR?
I like the stages. The stages help a boring race become a little bit more exciting.
10. How often do you yell at the TV during a race?
I used to not really yell at my TV that much, but I started doing it a lot (in 2017). Something about the races are bringing out my passionate side.
11. Do you have any advice for other fans?
Get the RaceView scanner (from NASCAR.com). Even though it is behind compared to the TV broadcast, it helps give insight to your favorite team’s strategy and what’s going on during the race.
12. What else do you want the NASCAR world to know about you?
I’m an OK follow on Twitter.