I have so many questions for chef Gordon Ramsay after spending six minutes and 41 seconds watching him whip up some Daytona Day recipes in a video released Tuesday by FOX Sports. (EDIT: I took the video out of the post because it kept auto-playing and annoying everyone. If you want to watch it, the link is here.)
The video is part of a wide-scale effort to turn the 500 into a Daytona Day celebration, which I addressed last week here.
But FOX is going way further than the 2016 Daytona Day concept. This time, there’s The Simpsons’ Daytona Day ad airing during The Simpsons episodes, heavy promotion during the Westminster Dog Show and the organizing of 250 Daytona Day viewing parties across the country (which will have official Daytona Day party kits).
Fox is plugging Daytona during Westminster more than NBC plugs the Kentucky Derby during the playoffs
— dog praiser jay (@jay_ebooks) February 14, 2017
As for the video, which appears on a post with all of the chef’s Daytona Day recipes, Ramsay is quite calm — not at all like the madman who screams on TV. But I worry he won’t understand my questions unless I yell, so pardon the volume here while I ask the chef a few things.
- HOW DID THEY ROPE YOU INTO THIS? DID YOU GET A CALL FROM YOUR AGENT AND HE WAS LIKE, “HEY CHEF, FOX NEEDS YOU TO CREATE SOME DAYTONA DAY RECIPES” AND YOU WERE LIKE “WHAT IS DAYTONA DAY?” IT’S OK IF SO, I UNDERSTAND.
- YOUR RACE DAY RECIPES INCLUDE THINGS LIKE MAC AND BEER CHEESE, CAKE WITH BOURBON IN IT AND A “DAYTONA DESTROYER” DRINK WITH SOUTHERN COMFORT AND JAGERMEISTER. ARE YOU SUGGESTING NASCAR FANS LIKE BOOZE?? (YOU ARE RIGHT IF SO, BUT I AM JUST WONDERING.)
- YOU SAID THE PORK BUTT NEEDS TO COOK FOR AT LEAST EIGHT HOURS BEFORE MAKING THE SLIDERS. EIGHT HOURS??? YOU REALIZE THIS IS A DAY RACE, RIGHT?
- YOUR “DAYTONA DESTROYER” DRINK RECIPE CONTAINS MONSTER ENERGY. IS THAT BECAUSE WE WILL NEED ENERGY AFTER GETTING UP SO EARLY TO COOK THE PORK BUTT?
- DID YOU TELL THE CAMERA CREW TO COME BACK LATER AFTER THE PORK BUTT COOKED, OR DID THEY GET TO STAY?
- ARE YOU REALLY HAVING A DAYTONA DAY PARTY? IF NOT, CAN YOU SEND OVER SOME OF THOSE SLIDERS? I’M HUNGRY.