Welcome to Year 8 (!!!) of the 12 Questions interviews. Each week, I ask a different NASCAR driver the same 12 questions (although they are changed each year, which means there have now been a total of 96 different questions).
With the help of Landon Cassill — the annual guinea pig for the questions who assists in giving me honest opinions about whether each one is dumb or not — I’ve finalized the 2017 edition just in time for the first interview (which is with Kyle Busch).
So before you see them in a post, here’s a peek at what they will look like this year.
- How much of your success is based on natural ability and how much has come from working at it?
- Jeff Gordon, Tony Stewart and Carl Edwards have all retired in the last couple years. What’s your pitch for fans of theirs to become fans of yours?
- What is the hardest part of your job away from the racetrack?
- A fan spots you eating dinner in a nice restaurant. Should they come over for an autograph or no?
- What’s a story in NASCAR that doesn’t get enough coverage?
- Who is the last driver you texted?
- Do you consider race car drivers to be entertainers?
- What is your middle finger policy on the racetrack?
- Some drivers keep a payback list in their minds. Do you also have a list for drivers who have done you a favor on the track?
- Who is the most famous person you’ve had dinner with?
- What’s something about yourself you’d like to improve?
- Please answer a question from the previous interview.