These 12 Questions-style fan profiles are one of the rewards offered as a tier on my Patreon page. You can catch up on the other profiles so far this season here.
1. How long have you been a NASCAR fan?
2. How many races have you attended?
Around 200, if you include all three series.
3. Who is your No. 1 favorite driver?
Dale Earnhardt Jr.
4. What made you a fan of his?
I started following him when the family was racing at Myrtle Beach.
5. Who is your most disliked driver?
6. Why don’t you like him?
His past actions, but I pretty much like all the drivers.
7. What is your favorite track?
Bristol Motor Speedway.
8. What is one thing you would change if you were in charge of NASCAR?
I’d add a road course to the playoffs.
9. What is one thing you would keep the same if you were in charge of NASCAR?
The championship weekend with four drivers that can win in each series. I was there last year, and it was great fun!
10. How often do you yell at the TV during a race?
Not regularly, but it does happen. Actually, it happens more often when the Tennessee Volunteers are playing!
11. Do you have any advice for other fans?
At the track, scanners are mandatory. A headset with an intercom is great for talking to the people with you at places like Bristol.
Also, I use Twitter during the event. Good follows for me so far include Jeff Gluck, Claire B. Lang, Bob Pockrass, DeLana Harvick, Jim Utter, Steve Letarte, nascarcasm, The Orange Cone and my favorite teams.
12. What else do you want the NASCAR world to know about you?
I am a very passionate fan and have been for a long time. I love seeing our sport grow and evolve. Bristol is my closest and favorite track. I really also enjoy how the tracks are doing things such as concerts and other events to add value to the race experience.