This is the latest in a series of 12 Questions-style NASCAR fan profiles, which is part of a reward tier on my Patreon page.
Name: Lee Anne Fuller
Location: Alexandria, Va. — but formerly Martinsville.
Twitter name: GFTLFAN (GTFL stands for “Go fast, turn left”)
1. How long have you been a NASCAR fan?
2. How many races have you attended?
Too many to count.
3. Who is your No. 1 favorite driver?
If you’re talking about all time, it’s David Pearson. But now it’s Denny Hamlin.
4. What made you a fan of those drivers?
I became a Pearson fan after the finish of the 1976 Daytona 500. As for Denny, I was a Dale Jarrett fan — and when he retired, I picked Denny because he’s from Virginia.
5. Who is your most disliked driver?
At one time it was Tony Stewart, but I got over it.
6. Why didn’t you like Stewart?
He was not a fan of my hometown track, so I wasn’t a fan of his.
7. What is your favorite track?
8. What is one thing you would change if you were in charge of NASCAR?
Go back to the vendor trailers for driver merchandise. That big tent (the Fanatics tent) is a disappointment.
9. What is one thing you would keep the same if you were in charge of NASCAR?
The interaction between drivers and fans.
10. How often do you yell at the TV during a race?
So much that it’s embarrassing.
11. Do you have any advice for other fans?
If you can’t attend the race or be somewhere to watch, then Twitter-watch it. The Twitter feeds are faster than TV sometimes anyway. It helps to follow a driver’s spouse or significant other on Twitter.
12. What else do you want the NASCAR world to know about you?
Even with all the rule changes and the playoff changes, when I hear the engines fire, smell the rubber coming off the tires, feel the thunder of those cars coming down the straightaway and see that green flag drop, I’m still a GFTL fan for life!